Get In Touch
Thank you for your interest in Cottage Grove Place. If you or someone you know would like to learn more about our continuing care retirement community, please complete the information request form below. Or if you prefer, take a virtual tour. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Frequently asked questions
Fill out the form above for more information, or call (319) 363-2420 to make a personal appointment.
- More opportunities. You’ll have the chance to try new things and to continue pursuing your lifelong passions. You can choose among educational and recreational activities, join special interest clubs, attend holiday parties and community events, take exercise and wellness classes, and so much more.
- More ways to stay involved. You’ll meet wonderful people who share your interests and you’ll find easy ways to share your time and talents. You can join or lead a wide variety of committees and organizations, or start one of your own.
- An easier life. You’ll be within easy walking distance to all the essentials, from banking and postal services to a hair salon and convenience store. Our staff takes care of all the chores, inside and out, including housekeeping and maintenance. Think of the time and effort that will save you each year. We also provide local transportation whenever you need it.
- A genuine sense of belonging. When you live at Cottage Grove Place, you are among friends. Our residents and staff care about you and treat you like family.
- Added security. You’ll never have to worry about who will take care of you in the future. That means ultimate peace of mind for you and your family.
We’re a not-for-profit community operated by a local board of trustees and managed by LifeCare Services, an LLC based in Des Moines, Iowa. LCS is recognized as the nation’s leader in the management and development of continuing care and LifeCare communities. Further, LCS is the largest employee-owned company in the retirement living industry. They have been actively involved in the planning, development, and management of more than 100 U.S. senior living communities.
Not-for-profit senior living communities manage their financial resources in accordance with their mission. Their longstanding values are reflected in their governance and management. Because Cottage Grove Place is a not-for-profit LifeCare retirement community, all fees from residents are reinvested right here in Cedar Rapids.
Are there tax advantages to living at Cottage Grove Place? Our residents pay no real estate taxes. Because Cottage Grove Place is a LifeCare community, residents may deduct a major portion of their entrance and monthly fees as annual medical expenses when filing income tax returns. (Section 213 of the Internal Revenue Code, Revenue Ruling 76-481)
Yes. Our Senior Move Managers are available to help organize and execute every aspect of your move.
You can rest assured that as you age, you’ll have complete access to services and amenities that accommodate your changing lifestyle, preferences and needs. You’ll never need to move to another community if your lifestyle or health needs change. With access to on-site assisted living and skilled nursing care, you’ll never have to worry about where you’ll go for care or who will take care of you.
We are the only LifeCare retirement community in the Cedar Rapids area. LifeCare is the highest form of continuing care because full assisted living and nursing care are included in our comprehensive service package. At Cottage Grove Place, our mission is to help residents live happy and healthy lives. However, if you ever require nursing care, it’s reassuring to know those services are available for the cost of just two extra meals per day. You’ll appreciate our state-of-the-art, on-campus health center where compassionate professionals provide recuperative care, certified assisted living, skilled care, and long-term care services.
If you ever need this type of care, you’ll have access to it with no concerns about cost or quality. Your caregivers will be part of your own community. In addition, if your spouse needs care, you won’t need to commute or change your address to be near a loved one who is receiving care.
The best time to consider moving to a LifeCare retirement community is when you’re able to make the decision for yourself and before a health problem affects your ability to qualify for residency. It’s also the ideal time to take full advantage of all that our community offers. Many people say they wish they had moved to Cottage Grove Place sooner. If you wait too long, you might miss out on many of our great amenities and activities.
There are many other reasons to move from your home. You’ll no longer have to maintain a big house and lawn, you can let go of worries about a future move, and you can relieve your family of having to make decisions on your behalf. Most of our residents say it’s the best move they’ve ever made. At Cottage Grove Place, you’ll discover newfound freedom, enhanced security, and expanded options for activities and engagement.