Function: Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and under the supervision of the Dining Services Manager or the Dining Services Host/Hostess. This person is responsible for providing efficient food service to residents in the Commons Dining Room. They are responsible for following the posted menu and participation in pre-service meals. Ensures all food is served at proper temperature in appropriate timing and served in an attractive manner as outlined below
Interaction with Others: Interaction with Residents/Guest and other CGP employees.
Decision Making Authority: None
Equipment Used: Coffee, juice, ice tea and ice machine.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Read and understand waited service handbook. Demonstrates hospitality service to residents, other staff members, and leadership. Follows through with requests from residents as demonstrated though satisfaction surveys and responses on a daily basis. Communicates needs of residents to leadership, follows through. Complies with Gold check standards for Retirement Services.
• Per company policy reports as scheduled in a timeliness manner.
• Maintain sanitary kitchen and dining room following the daily and weekly cleaning procedure schedules. Follows through with cleaning as request. See opening and closing check list.
• Follow federal, state, and city sanitary regulations and adhere to proper safety procedures, sanitation procedures, and CGP cleaning schedules.
• Provides for residents’ rights as defined in Residents’ Bill of Rights.
• Dishwashing duties as scheduled.
• Works with cooks on menu details.
• Set up dining rooms in an attractive manner.
• Works with confidential information. Inappropriate repeating of such information to others would be a violation of the Residents’ Bill of Rights.
• Access to medical information related to food tolerance, allergies’, diets, etc.
• Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Minimum Education: None required – must have ability to perform basic arithmetic, understand measurements, and follow written and oral instructions.
Minimum Experience: None required – Willingness to learn needed/Hospitality/Service Oriented.
Errors: Probable errors could cause service delays.
Travel: Position requires no travel.
AT ALL TIME
- Model the philosophy of Team, Service and Quality and accountability in all activities and in interactions with residents, coworkers, and the general public.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional conduct that do not conflict with
requirements of regulatory and licensing agencies, and that are not in conflict with the
published mission, vision and values of Cottage Grove Place.
- Maintain consistently good attendance and punctuality
- Maintain strict standards of resident confidentiality.
- Model and support Cottage Grove Place’s expectations of being respectful, being
responsible and being safe.
- Complies with CGP’s Code of Conduct in all aspects of job including participation in training as offered and understands responsibility to report suspected violations.
- Maintain all training and documentation requirements in accordance with Cottage Grove
- Place and regulatory policies.
- Know and abide by all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
and in departmental policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
a) prohibition against workplace violence in any form, including both physical and verbal abuse; prohibition against illegal discrimination and harassment:
b) compliance with all safety procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires walking, sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, grasping items, pushing, pulling and talking, climbing stairs and the ability to lift a maximum of 51 pounds without assistance. Normal vision and hearing required. Resident-lifting tasks, the maximum recommended weight limit is 35 lbs.-but even less when the task is performed under less than ideal circumstances. Must be able to speak English. Ability use both hands and arms simultaneously.
Work Schedule: 4:00pm-7:30pm