We are seeking applicants interested in working as a Full Time Prep Cook in our Commons Dining Room. This dining area gives our residents a fine dining experience.
The Commons Cook is responsible for preparation of meats, vegetables, soups, sauces, salads, and bakery items, for breakfast, lunch and dinner meals, or any combination thereof. This person is responsible for sanitary handling and preparation of the food, use of standardized recipes, meeting daily meal schedules, serving required portions, utilizing leftovers, and caring for and cleaning equipment. Preparing pureed items, plating and transporting hot food is also the Cook’s responsibility.
• Capable of preparing all soups, stocks and sauces; boils, braises and roasts items as per standardized recipes.
• Prepares and serves all sautéed, fried, grilled, steamed, pureed and baked items as per standardized recipes.
• Complete appropriate paperwork, clean equipment used, and assist with total kitchen sanitation as assigned by leadership or cleaning list.
• Maintains the hot food line and service to residents in cooperation with dietary staff and leadership.
• Ensures proper temperatures and quality food.
• Respond with respect and hospitality to all customers including leadership, waited service staff, fellow employees and residents.
• Capable of preparing salads, desserts, and baked items per standardized recipes.
• Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to work with sensitive/confidential material.
• Experience in food service in upscale restaurants, private clubs, and/or hotels.
• Minimum two (2) years’ formal culinary training program with degree or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of kitchen sanitation procedures.
Benefits offered include: medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, medical and dependent flexible spending accounts, 403(b), holiday pay, vacation time, sick time, personal time and Employee Assistance Program.
Work Schedule: Full Time
Shift: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English