Cottage Grove Place is looking for applicants for a Cook position on evening shift (11:30am – 8:00pm). This position would work both in our Grill area and Health Center Dining Room.
The Commons East Cook will work the afternoon shift in Cottage Grill. This person is responsible for prepping and preparing food orders as they come in. This person is also responsible for sanitary handling and preparation of the food, use of standardized recipes, meeting daily meal schedules, serving required portions, utilizing leftovers, and caring for and cleaning equipment as outlined.
• Capable of short order cooking.
• Complete appropriate paperwork, clean equipment used, and assist with total kitchen sanitation as assigned by leadership or cleaning list.
• Maintains the hot food line and service to residents in cooperation with dietary staff and leadership.
• Ensures proper temperatures and quality food.
• Respond with respect and hospitality to all customers including leadership, waited service staff, fellow employees and residents.
• Ability to work with sensitive/confidential material.
• Experience in food service in upscale restaurants, private clubs, and/or hotels.
• Minimum two (2) years’ formal culinary training program with degree or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of kitchen sanitation procedures.
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life STD, LTD, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b), Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Work Schedule: Full Time
Shift: 11:30am – 8:00pm
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English