Become a part of exciting things coming to Cottage Grove Place. As the only LifeCare™ retirement community in Cedar Rapids, we take care of our residents through every stage of their life.
We have an opening for an Assisted Living Manager to oversee our Assisted Living department. This position will begin as a Part Time position and grow into a Full Time position as our expansion is complete and more residents find their homes in Cottage Grove Place.
The Assisted Living Manager works in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions from the Administrator and Director of Nursing. This position is responsible for supervising the daily operation of an assisted living community which provides services to assisted living residents. The Assisted Living Manager directs employees providing these services, is responsible for achieving occupancy goals at the community, assists in preparing the annual operating budget, and maintains effective working relationships with the board, staff, residents and their families, and other outside entities.
The Assisted Living Manager is required to maintain a professional philosophy which grows and adapts to the prevailing philosophy of the industry and imparts this philosophy on the nursing staff. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the system of care meets all federal, state, and local regulations.
• Assure the provision of quality services needed and/or desired by residents and tenants, consistent with the policies and procedures established by Cottage Grove Place.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or accrediting body standards. Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
• Maintain an active relationship with residents through individual and group interaction, attending resident functions and meetings, and support resident-centered activity programs.
• Coordinate resident service plans and care conferences and comprehensive health exams.
• Audit charts regularly to ensure that accurate and pertinent documentation is being done. Ensure that the physician visits, orders, and certifications are up to date.
• Responsible for maintaining service plans for Assisted Living.
• Ensure that all license requirements are maintained for Assisted Living staff members.
• Work with pharmacy consultant to ensure the appropriate handling, dispensing and destruction of medications.
• Respond to emergency calls and emergency weather situations promptly and in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain clean and organized work station.
• Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Minimum Licensed Practicing Nurse (LPN) degree from accredited school of nursing program.
• Currently registered with the State of Iowa Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Must meet licensing and/or qualification requirements of the state of Iowa laws and/or regulations.
• Minimum of two (2) years of organizational or management experience supervising others.
• Previous experience working with the elderly.
• Able to handle confidential information in an appropriate and discreet manner. Must act in accordance with Resident Bill of Rights.
• Possess excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
• Possess computer and word processing skills.
• Minimum Registered Nurse (RN) degree from accredited school of nursing program.
• Previous experience working in Assisted Living.
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English